Moving home with your existing mortgage - Hessonite

Moving home with your existing mortgage


Porting is the process of moving an existing mortgage secured on one property over to a new property.

Porting is not available with a buy-to-let mortgage under any circumstances.

So if you’re looking at a new investment property and considering how to fund this purchase, you’ll need to take out a new mortgage deal with another lender.


Find a new mortgage deal that’s right for you

We recommend that you speak to a mortgage broker to find a new mortgage that meets your needs. Please be aware that some brokers charge an advice fee for their services, so you may want to confirm this with them.

If you don’t have your own broker, you can visit the independent Unbiased website. You can use their website to find a mortgage broker who will then contact you to arrange an initial free, no-obligation discussion.

Once you’ve found a broker, we’d recommend you verify their details on the Financial Conduct Authority’s Financial Services Register.

To read more about remortgaging, please see the MoneyHelper website for further information. MoneyHelper is a government backed body that offers free, independent and impartial guidance.


Other information on our website that might be useful

Useful tools & calculators

Our calculators will help you plan and consider some of your mortgage options.

Making changes

Find out information about the potential changes you can make to your mortgage with us.

Making overpayments

See the positive impact making overpayments could have on your mortgage.

Financial difficulties

Find help and support if you’re struggling to make your mortgage payments.

Please note, this page contains links to external websites. We are not responsible for the content of external websites. 

Was this page useful?

Thanks for your feedback!